As a defensive tower, it protected the only access to the wooden fortifications at that time. Originally, the tower was residential (for the castle crew); in later times, when it lost its significance (at the turn of the 13th and 14th centuries), the tower served as a gunpowder store (it was called dusty). Since 1679, a castle prison with a famine has been set up in the tower. There were prisoners of disobedience and imprisonment here.
Organization of tours: guided tour, the circuit is open only in July and August, groups up to 15 people, duration of the tour 30 minutes. The tour can be booked. Foreigners can borrow printed texts in English and German on request. The last tour starts 1 hour before the end of the opening hours. During the tour, you can shoot and film for free.
In the months of May, June and September the circuit is accessible separately without a Guide II. Entrance to the castle.
Photographing and filming during a tour is free without restrictions. Visitors must not stay the length of the tour.
A narrow spiral staircase leads to the tower, traffic up and down is limited. We ask visitors to take care.